Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10th, 2011


I would like to, first and foremost, say a warm welcome to another sponsor of dgUltraCycling: Handlebra Handlebar Tape. Ray has offered his handlebar tape for my use. I received some black leather tape from him just the other day, with some purple and titanium cords. It is of the highest absolute quality, reminding me of the beauty leather brings. I highly recommend this product for quality, looks, and performance capabilities. I will be posting pictures as soon as I have the chance to clean my bike.

In other news, I came across some Biopace chain rings at a neighborhood garage sale, and seeing the increased research in ovoid chain rings, I decided to try them out. So, I went, removed the binder bolts and crank from my bike, and swapped out the large chain ring. The ovoid shape isn't as noticeable on the big ring, but at close inspection, you can see its there.
I attended the Monday night ride at Bike and Board to try out the new chain ring, and was surprised how well it performed. Even though it had an extra tooth on the large ring (54 teeth vs. the old 53 teeth), I was able to stay in the large chain ring longer and more often. I sure was able to make Greg hurt the entire way. Next week is Greg's last Monday before heading to school out in Utah, so we've planned a great hill ride. Can't wait to test this bad boy ring further.


No comments:

Post a Comment